Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Know who you are

I find it funny when people say that they want to find the person who knows them better than themselves. All in all, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I’ve heard this line all too often. It’s dangerous to allow anyone to know you that well. You should be the one who knows yourself inside and out; your fears, wonders, whatever it may be. It doesn’t mean you don’t love them or love them any less. It leaves room for wonder, adventure, mysteries. I don’t want to allow anyone to have that grasp on me. You can love someone without giving them every single portion of you. You don’t have to milk out every single detail that is your being to proclaim that you love someone. I just think that it’s this thought that has caused so many people to fall so hard. You give yourself so much that you forget who you are and what you stand by. People often forget that we are always changing and that nothing lasts forever

No comments:

Post a Comment