Sunday, December 5, 2010

a little misunderstanding.
A huge misconception that people always seem to make is that, my family is rich. Sorry to break it to you but it's because my parents work EXTREMELY hard for their money. I don't know how many times I have to explain myself to people, but it's just getting extremely annoying. My boyfriend said to me one day "I'm sorry if I'm not rich like you" , to me that was a huge slap on the face. I must admit it did hurt hearing those words come out of his mouth because to me, it felt like he was saying that I'm more "superior" than him.

I think the worse was when my ex was telling me how he would compare himself to me. That, he felt below me because he wasn't rich enough and that he had to constantly prove to people that he deserves me. I think hearing that from him really hurt me because I never knew he felt that way and that the reason he worked so hard was to buy a car that met the same standards as mine. To me, I never expected that from him. If I only knew that was his reason for working so hard then I would have made him stop. But it was because he felt below me that he believed he had to work twice as hard to prove to people that he can be on the same level as me. For me, it didn't matter what kind of car he got. I guess, what I am trying to say is that, I hate how people judge me by my wealth because they feel so intimidated by me. UGH!


No comments:

Post a Comment